Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday Sewday!

It was a good one! I started with a deadline - 20 snowball blocks for exchange at Quilt Circle tonight. Nothing like a deadline to motivate.

Then something fun - I already had this cut out so it didn't take long to whip it up, my favorite kind of project. This is a new kit, Open House, 15" x 30". Colleen E. is cutting kits today.

Then a little chore - I quilted these three table toppers, made by Carol P. This pattern, from Jaybird Designs, is called Rock Candy. Carol said they are really fun to make - - Must be as she made three!

The other pattern shown above, Night Sky, is a quilt from the same designer. Lonnie K has made us a stunning shop sample of this quilt and Jess has it now for machine quilting.

Both patterns use a specialty ruler called Sidekick. We will be presenting demos in the shop using this ruler soon. Patterns and rulers are in stock now.

I took a break from sewing to work outside for a couple hours on a gorgeous Sunday evening. Then it was back to the sewing room to put the binding on Open House and on our Snow Time shop sample quilt. I did not wonder why I was so weary by bedtime, though.

No comments: