Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Sunday Sewday

This has been a busy Fall as was evident by a look around my sewing room. I spent a big chunk of the day putting things away and cleaning. I also lined up projects that need finished up.
Here is the first thing I finished. This was a piece of burlap that Willow sent home with me about a year ago, after hand printing her three little ones.

My task was to trim and finish the sides. Timing is right as she has plans to place the kids hand prints on this runner each year at Thanksgiving as a reminder of what she is most thankful for.


I also played with this simple heart block which will be used for a block exchange before Valentines Day. Make one with 4 - 3 1/2" squares for the center and 2 - 2" x 6 1/2" and 2 - 2" x 9 1/2" rectangles for the block borders.

To get the heart shape, the top center square needs to be the same fabric as the block borders.

No comments: