Free Class: Knitted Socks for Beginners
Must know knit and purl stitches.
Teacher: Julia Swallow, quilter and knitter
Where: Adel library upstairs conference room
When: 10-12 (mornings) March 10, 24, April 7 and 21 (Tuesdays)
What to bring:
1. Sock Yarn.
My favorite is Opal. It changes color as you knit for fabulous results. Check with Yarn Junction in Valley Junction or Heartland Fiber on the square in Winterset.
2. Knitting needles, size 1 or 1 ½ , double pointed.
· The size depends on your gauge. If you knit a little tighter then 1 ½ is better.
· Needle size can be affected by how the particular type of yarn knits up. Yarn store employees can help you with this.
· The bamboo needles are very nice since they don’t slide out of your knitting as easily.
3. A darning needle to stitch the toes together when done.
4. Hot or cold beverage. The library allows it, I asked.
Class size is limited to 8. Call to reserve a spot.
Julia Swallow, 515-988-2906