Tuesday, August 8, 2017

More Lovers Lane Quilts

Here's a follow-up to the last post. These are the quilts that were collected from the Iowa Quilter's Online group. Remember I said we were each given a 3 yard bundle with this pattern, Lover's Lane, at the 2016 retreat? Well, here they are, all made up. Seventeen quilts in all.

Why do I have them you may ask? I was absent from the retreat this year (this past weekend) due to the changes around here. The group, however, made the decision to donate all of these quilts to the Kavanaugh House in memory of my Frank. So the quilts came here for me to deliver when the time is right. What a gift.

This will be such a special gift. I learned in my 3 week stay (with my husband) that when people leave there for their next destination, the body is covered with a quilt and the staff lines up in the hall as the body is taken by. When the body is transferred to the funeral home van, the quilt is removed.

Other options for quilts at Kavanaugh House are for the patients to use and then to be sent home with families in memory of.

I am so honored to be part of this gift. Thank you so much to my friends in the Iowa Quilters Group.


No comments: