Sunday, August 18, 2019

Iowa Sate Fair Quilts



 I spent a fun day at the Iowa State Fair this week. I always enjoy a stop at the 4-H building to see all the creative things kids have come up with.

This is a fidget quilt. We've been talking about these in Quilt Circle and Iowa Quilters so thought I'd take a couple close up pictures.


I really liked this. The letters are made from maps.  

I had fun perusing the quilts, of course. Here are a couple blue ribbon quilts from our Quilt Circle of Friends:
Abbie Allen received a blue ribbon in the new category for quilts made using a panel. She took this panel to the next level, huh?

Tricia Snyder received a blue ribbon on her hexagon t-shirt quilt. A real beauty! 
This is one I just really liked. It's hard to see the perfect utility quilting done in black thread. Very striking.

This one made me say, "Cute!"

And this one made me gasp!

It seemed there were lots of quilts that featured animals. Isn't this adorable?

More animals.

I always love a quilt made with 1930s prints and this one was coupled with extraordinary machine quilting.
I tagged around with the Hill family for part of the day. 
And this brave little girl took a sheep ride in a dress.  She didn't make it to the championship level but she gave it a good go. 

And of course, - - - this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for noticing my quilt, 30s fabrics with beautiful quilting. Did u know it is EPP too?