Monday, September 1, 2014

Sunday Sew Day!

You know how some days are just more productive than others? I just had a great Sunday Sew Day. Of course, it didn't hurt that we had electricity but no signal so no TV or computer time.
I finished up this runner. These blocks, made with English Paper Piecing, are the three blocks we are featuring in our series of Sister's of the Cloth classes - - - Dresden Plate, Patchwork of the Crosses and Tumbling Blocks.  During the storm last night, I went ahead and machine quilted and got the binding on. Did the binding hand work this morning so, it is done!

 After finishing my "homework" for the day (the Sister's runner above) I got to play with fabric to make this tote, Tuscany Tote.
This is a pretty basic tote but, it is really well stabilized (one of my pet peeves) and the pattern is really well written. The inside has 16 pockets! Do you have your tote ready for October AQS Show in DM?

Following this, I went back to some homework and finished hemming curtains for my sister. 

No comments: