Friday, April 7, 2017

Sunday Sewday!

I had a lot of fun making this little tuffet pin cushion, about 5" wide. The pattern calls for mini legs made using small cabinet pulls. I have ordered those and, as soon as they arrive, I'll post that picture.

This project comes in a kit that provides the foam center, wooden base, screws for the cabinet pulls, walnut chips, tufting string, wool felt to cover bottom and the pattern.

You start my stitching together the wedges to make the cover. Then slip it over the foam center/wood base and gather in around the bottom. Tuft it with a button and then cover the bottom with wool felt.

Here is my tip: When I pulled the cover over the foam, I didn't think it fit as snugly as I prefer so, before I gathered in the bottom, I stuffed pieces of fiberfil between the cover and the foam to make the pin cushion look nice and plump. It was easy to do and really netted a better product.
 

No comments: