Sunday, January 3, 2016

Holiday stitching - - -

I actually made this during the blizzard we had last Monday. The fun part was using pre-cut strip ends left over from a quilt project. We all love the pre-cut packs but there are often odds and ends left over so, make a purse!

I came across this little coin purse pattern and was eager to try it so, pre-game on New Years Day, I gave it a try. Really fun and really cute. The orange one above is made just like the pattern. PS: Pattern comes with one frame but the frames can also be bought separately so you can make a dozen!

This one I modified a little. Here's the story behind this one:

Several years ago, Julia S. was teaching in Damascus and purchased locally spun silk fabric to have a jacket made. It has 7 or 8 colors and is considered top of the line. The company only mills it 10 or 20 meters at a time and she had to wait months for this color combination.

Julia had the tailor save the scraps from her jacket and she gifted me with a rectangle about 5" x 10". I have had it in my sewing room for several years, just waiting for the right idea.

My modification was making the bottom a little wider so I could use as much as the fabric as possible. I just love it! Thanks Julia.

This would be a good class. Any interest?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might be interested in a class. You know if I come Janet will come.
Sue Hook