Monday, February 3, 2020

Oven Baked Stew

This is a recipe, shared by friends, that I served at our Quilt Circle Holiday Party a couple weeks ago. I baked it in a large roasting pan and it made about 20 servings.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds beef tenderloin steaks diced (I used stew meat and marinated it in the V8 juice overnight)
  • 8 potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 (12 ounce) cans of V8 juice
  • 3 cups diced carrots
  • 1 cup diced celery
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 tablespoons tapioca
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
  2. Stir beef, potatoes, V8 juice, carrots, celery, onion, tapioca, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a roasting pan; cover.

  3. Bake in preheated oven until beef and potatoes are tender, about 5 hours.

My notes: I baked it more like 7 hours and I added 2 bay leaves and 2 t dried rosemary. I served it with home baked dinner rolls. Now, that's comfort food.

No comments: