Sunday, April 5, 2020

What's under your needle?



I've been working on a Large Half Hexagon quilt. This is very Layer Cake (10" pre-cut square packs) friendly but you can also start with 10" strips. 

I've been doing a little of both, using a Canning Day Layer Cake Pack and adding pieces I cut from the bolt of that same line to get more color and to make it larger.


You can cut two pieces at a time by either folding a 10" square in half or layering 2 -  5" x 10" rectangles.
Then start laying out in vertical rows, end to end as shown. in each row you add, the half hexagons need to match their color mate in the previous row.

I am building my quilt in 6 hexagons wide by 7 long. I'll post again when I add borders.

Of course, this is available in kit by mail with free shipping or you can  pick up on our porch.  Stay well.

No comments: