Monday, January 25, 2021

Baby Bed Conversion

Many of you have seen the baby bed we use for display in the shop. This bed has been in our family since the 1940s and used for 3 generations of babies. In the years since my kids were born, this type of bed has been deemed unsafe so, it's shelf life has been diminished but I still love it.

Aren't the ducks adorable? And, one of my favorite parts is the patina in the wood across the top where little hands gripped it to stand and announce nap time was over. One of my friends once told me her son would call out, "I'm all done sleeping!!!"

If I decide to paint it, I will frame out the ducks and paint around them.

This is what I have done so far, removed a side rail. Future plans include covering the mattress and making back cushions to create a little sofa seat.  

This is my inspiration piece.

I have also seen where you can remove the mattress and put in a board, paint with chalk paint or other, and use it for a child's desk/craft area.
 

No comments: