Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Sunday Sewday - the next week

 Boy the weeks fly by and I have been doing a lot of sewing so, here's the next new shop sample:


This was fun. It's the pattern, Dream Big Little one from the Animal Attractions books.  We have sold dozens of this book so you may have it!

Rather than piecing the rows as shown in the book, I used a pre-cut roll from Moda that comes printed in strips of 5" squares.  I used some of the strips for the applique' and even used one strip to piece down the middle of the back, giving it the additional width needed.


The navy fabric is flannel which I though popped nicely agains the bright colors in the prints.

The original pattern shows this quilt with whales but the book also has these lamb applique' pieces so I made that substitution.




No comments: