Friday, March 11, 2022

The next generation - -

 8 year old Olivia recently came for a day of sewing. She wanted to make 6 little Easter pillows to give as gifts - - -  2 for grandmas, 2 for aunts, 1 for her mom and 1 for her to keep.

We started by stitching on the lines of a recipe card and she caught right on. She kept saying, "slow and steady -- focus".


Then she picked out fabric and I cut 4 1/2" squares which she stitched together on three sides. 

I used fusible web and cut out 2 bunnies for each little pillow, one for the back and one for the front. 

Olivia drew on the faces and stuffed each. I stitched the 4th seam to close our opening and hand stitched on a little tuft of fiberfil.

That best part was seeing how proud she was when finished. She wants to come 1 day a month now for more sewing classes.  I think I can fit that in.💕

No comments: