Thursday, August 25, 2016

Sunday Sewday

I slept in a bit and did a couple hours of yard work but then it was off to the quiet peace (piece) of my sewing room.

This is from a quilt as you go pattern, Fun and Done. I added the piano key borders. It really was fun to make and is a great pattern for teaching beginners. You can create a quilt without having to do the quilting or binding.  Baby steps! And a very sturdy quilt. This will be added to my stack to donate to the nursing home where quilts are used and washed, and washed and washed.
I also finished up several small things I had started. The strippy block here was from the Fun and Done demo. I just finished it up into a trivet.
I also had enough time to start machine quilting this happy sunny quilt, a shop sample made for us by Carol P.


No comments: