Sunday, May 14, 2017

What do you want for Mother's Day?


I copied the 2nd part of this post from a FB post. I think it really speaks for all moms. Mother's Day is a time to remember to be nice to our moms. I was not always patient with my mom and I sometimes hear customers being impatient with their moms. I want to say to them - - - "Be nice to your mom. She won't be around forever."  

Full disclosure - I am lucky to have 3 little T's (Brookly knows what that stands for) that try their hardest to be patient with me! Thank you, guys, for making me a mom.

            -----------------------------------------------------------
Every year my children ask me the same question. After thinking about it, I decided I'd give them my real answer:

What do I want for Mother's Day? I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to bring your kids around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. 

I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worries, your kids, your fur babies. 

I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don't care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.

I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work.

Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don't mind. In fact, I wouldn't want it any other way.

I want you to spend your money making a better life for you and your family, I have the things I need. 

I want to see you happy and healthy. 

When you ask me what I want for Mother's Day, I say "nothing" because you've already been giving me my gift all year. I want you.

No comments: