Sunday, December 4, 2022

Holiday Decor

 I love decorating for the Christmas but I have not had a lot of time for decorating my home the last several years. I decorated a window up town, the shop, the front porch and that was about it.

Now I am having fun decorating my new "old" house.

When I was a teenager, my mom put candles like these in the windows of our farm home and I always loved seeing them from a mile away as I drove home at night from a ballgame or whatever. 

Her's had to plug in to electrical outlets but nowadays they come battery operated with led lights and a remote control.

Remember in the 80s when we were all doing counted cross-stitch? Well this framed verse has been making an appearance for the holidays every year since.  

I've been layering things on or over this antique frame I bought at a salvage store.

One of my favorite holiday decorations is this manger set, solid leaded crystal, a wedding gift.


Every Christmas we celebrated together, 23 in total, I gave Frank a snow globe. He loved them, especially if they had good snow.  

This year, with downsizing my extensive collection of "things", I decided to break up the set. I gave away most of the collection to family and friends and kept a few of my favorites.





I also kept his favorite, this Harley globe. Instead of playing Christmas music, it revs an engine in the distinctive sound of a Harley.

I also love these bejeweled ornament boxes but it's hard to find a place to display them. I bought these at Younkers on clearance when they were closing their Merle Hay Mall store. How long ago has that been?

They fit nicely in these backroom windows. My sister calls this the catch-all room and she is pretty accurate. Anything going out or coming in tends to get parked here.



1 comment:

Jo said...

Love your decorating. Your new home looks wonderful. Enjoy🎄