Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Texas Trip


I am just home from a long weekend in Texas, visiting son Gabe. It rained the whole time I was there but was still a great time. 
We found a fun way to spend a rainy day together, playing Scrabble at a coffee house. I won't say who won but it was me.

I also squeezed in a visit with a couple of my cousins in the area. This is cousin Judy Neal Johannasen. Just today, she welcomes twin Grandbabies!!!

Gabe lives in the Dallas suburb of McKinney which has a historic downtown shopping area. I met this styling old gal at one of the shops. 


Gabe's girlfriend, Brooke, gave me a tour of the Gammill Long Arm store where she works. This is the warehouse of thread.

This is the purple long arm machine I have been posting pictures of, also from the shop where Brooke works.

She and I also enjoyed pedicures and lunch while Gabe was at work. 
Friday evening, in spite of several 30 minute delays for lightening, I got to watch Gabe's team win.  It was a fun get away, especially since I redeemed myself by getting to the right airport this time! 

1 comment:

Karen said...

If you go back to Dallas in the spring, there is a really good Impressionist art exhibit then.
https://www.dma.org/BertheMorisot

One of her paintings is usually at the Art Institute in Chicago and it is one of my favourites to look at every time I go visit.