Thursday, August 5, 2021

Meet our new manager for the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Retreat!


I am happy to announce that Amy Brandt (seen here with husband Josh and sons Oliver and Isaac) will take over managing the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Retreats, starting with the Spring 2022 event. Many of you have met her at our retreats but here is a little bio from to help you get more acquainted.

Amy is a young, motivated and inspired quilter. I am so happy to hand off to her so that I can retire and the retreat tradition can continue. 

from Amy:
I began quilting in November 2012 after getting married so I had a hobby in small town Nebraska. I found my perfect creative outlet and ended up working at my local quilt store for 4 years before moving to Iowa in 2017. 

I went on the All Iowa Shop Hop and ended up at Adel Quilting, where I learned about the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Retreat. I attended for the first time in the fall of 2017. 

In 2018 I met Shelley Drauer, the new owner of the Iowa Quilt Block, and began working there. 

I have met many talented area quilters and even made a handful of sample quilts for fabric designer Gerri Robinson of Planted Seed Designs for Riley Blake fabrics. Some of the quilt tops I have made for her have appeared at Quilt Market and Riley Blake's Garden of Quilts. My favorite quilt pattern is the clamshell. 

I'm thrilled to be taking over the retreat and hope to maintain the integrity of the retreat we all know and love while also putting my own spin on it. 

When I'm not quilting I'm taking care of my two little boys, Oliver (5) and Isaac (1). I can be reached by phone or text at 402-525-6266, or you can friend me on Facebook at facebook.com/amy.brandt489. I will be creating a Facebook page and email address for the retreat in the near future as well.

No comments: