Saturday, August 21, 2021

Tribute Quilt

Masks for Frontline Iowa is an organization of volunteers that spun out of the onset of the Covid pandemic.  

Volunteer quilt shops provided fabric to volunteer quilters who made masks. In all, 100,000 masks were made and provided to frontline workers in Iowa.

We were happy to collaborate with this organization and now they are putting together a tribute quilt.  They sent me these pieces, pre-cut from leftover mask material, to make this tribute block.

Each block has a white center and a yellow sash. I look forward to seeing this completed quilt and will share the pic of it here.

Thank you so much to the folks that stepped up and took on this mammoth project. The world needs more of you. - - - Quilter's getting together to get things done for the good of all.



Ater I took this picture, I went back and added "Adel, Iowa" but I put the block in the mail before I took a final picture.

No comments: